DE CZ EN Print


The succursal church of St. Michael is located exactly at the watershed of the two European river systems of the Danube and the Moldova/Elbe.

  • Previous building of a single reconstructable wooden church in the German-speaking area, probably 11th century
  • Roman choir tower church with square layout, destroyed in the 3rd century and 15th century by the Hussites
  • Gothic reconstruction with 2 naves and 2 bays completed in 1520
  • Late Gothic winged altar in the “Danube style” from the Freistadt altar workshop Lienhart Krapfenbacher (1522)